Thursday, September 13, 2007

new ideas of mixed media

I have a class called Beat Research which i had for the first time yesterday, I have to say, I was a little unsure of what we would be dealing with exactly, but when we watched "Wild style" I knew that this was going to change my whole outlook on my art.

I had some intense brainstorming time last night to take in everything we had went over. The movie reintroduced me to my world, and we started learning a program called Reason which allows you to create some of the sickest original beats.

I am so excited about how this is going to affect my work because it already has. I had some ideas about a wall sculpture/ painting that speaks about the hip hop culture through sound, beats. maybe not necessarily beats created from reason, but in a more tangible sense of beat, using pin balls in a similar idea where they are supplied by a mechanism which feeds it from the top of the sculpture where it will then fall on the protruding paintings and make sounds or rather beats.

It's just a rough idea, but I am interested in incorporating my work with patterning, paint, sculpture, as well as music and kinetic installation art. I want this piece to be fun. If I cant use the idea yet, I at least want to develop it for future use.

No comments: