Saturday, November 17, 2007

Phase III

ok, so, I have been thinking about that video we saw on andy goldsworthy, and ever since then I have been staking sites outside where I could go "play". I have decided that I want to work in this style of environmental art for the last phase. I really have been yearning to do this type of art for a while and seeing that video and seeing him just having the time of his life just playing outside really hit a chord with me. I remember feeling that freedom, of just going outside to play. You would think , hmm, ok, now Im outside, no TV, what do I do now? I liked going exploring. I liked to go to the beach with friends and carve the marble vains out of the boulders, I liked making forts in the woods, I liked searching for pretty(complete) shells and sea glass, I liked making face paint with rock powders that I had crushed myself. I remember being able to do those things, having the time to do those things. It made me happy, the cold didnt bother me, and time seemed wholly well spent and purposeful. I remember having to stop doing those things, not altogether, but there wasnt time anymore. school was too busy, boys took up mind space, and soon enough, none of my friends wanted to join in with me and so I abandoned "playing outside". this was probably the start of who I have become, and i came to massart to get away from that person who does those things which are too grown up to make any real sense, and to get back to who I am doing the things that I want to do. so I feel I must go play outside.

some SERIOUS influences by Andy Goldsworthy are:









1 comment:

jocbrown said...

haha I love your post, doesn't it feel so good to being doing what you love?! did you find a site to make anything?